Back to Previous Page
|WDMA 14th Technical Conference - Call For Presentations
|WDMA 14th Technical Conference
Save the Date & Call for Presentations
[Washington, DC] - WDMA will hold our 14th Technical Conference from June 26-28, 2012 at the Hotel Sofitel Minneapolis in Bloomington, Minnesota. The event covers two and a half days of informative technical sessions, table-top exhibits, and plenty of time for networking. The conference is your opportunity to learn about new and innovative product technology, impending standards and regulations, and other important window, door, and skylight topics. Also included, will be an off-site tour of a major manufacturing facility.
Additional information, including an updated program, registration, sponsorship, and exhibit opportunities, will be available in early April on the WDMA website at www.wdma.com. So mark your calendar to attend and be on the lookout for future announcements.
Preliminary Call for Presentations: WDMA is currently soliciting presentations and technical papers for the 14th Technical Conference. Each presentation will be allotted one hour, which will include a limited Q&A session. Abstracts and a brief biography need to be e-mailed by March 30th, 2012 to:
Potential Subject Areas:
• Technology Transfer: Opportunities, case histories, and "how-to" examples of applied research outreach from government laboratories or sponsored research.
• Quality Assurance and Reliability: Practical testing research for components and systems; test methods and correlations to real-life reliability; data and case studies.
• Productivity Improvement, Automation, Strategic Outsourcing: Lean processes & examples from industry, safety improvement, case studies, zero waste, etc.
• Technology Trends/Sustainability: Technology drivers; new technology assessments and review methods; environmental issues and pressures within the US and abroad; conservation and recycling; product development research; applied science; new technology.
• Codes, Standards, and Testing: Code and regulatory issues affecting the industry.
Founded in 1927, the Window & Door Manufacturers Association is the premier trade association representing the leading manufacturers of residential and commercial window, door and skylight products for the domestic and export markets. WDMA members are focused on Total Product Performance™ products that are designed and built to performance-based standards. The association is focused on key member needs in the areas of advocacy, product performance, education and information and facilitating business interactions and relationships in the fenestration eco-system. For more information, please visit www.wdma.com.